Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writing: My Passion for Years

     Ever since I can remember, I've loved creating stories. My parents have told me that I've always made up stories and was always made up stories and was always so excited to tell them. I used to enjoy drawing pictures, and I would always make up stories to go along with them. My earliest memory of me "writing" a story is when I was five years old in kindergarten. I drew a bunch of pictures on several pieces of paper, around 10 I believe. One of my daycare teachers came over to see what I was doing. I asked her if she would write down the story that I would dictate to get along with the pictures because I couldn't write yet. The story was about a scuba diver looking for treasure, and a shark tried to stop him. Ultimately, the diver triumphed over the shark, got the treasure, and lived a nice, lavish life. 
     I wrote short little stories for a long time until around junior high. I thought I was too cool to write or read. I was obviously very wrong. Eventually, several years later, I met someone who reintroduced me to reading and, consequently, writing. Since then, I've been trying to catch up. 
     I soon started work on a novel that I've done a lot of research on and have revised again and again to the point of only currently having three chapters. I went through a phase recently where I wrote a poem or two everyday. I've written several and am working on several more short/one-act plays. I really enjoy writing short stories. I've written quite a few and am working on a few others as well. 
     Everyone with whom I've shared my works has told me that I really do have talent. I would like to agree, but I'm not really sure. I am a little biased after all. I just know that I enjoy writing, so I'll continue to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment