Thursday, January 22, 2015

On the Future

     Sitting in class today, we talked about possible careers for English majors. I saw that there were so many possibilities that I had never thought of. For a while I had wanted to get my PhD in English and teach at a university while still writing on my own. I'm not entirely sure of that anymore. I'm not really sure of anything, truthfully. 
     While I would love to teach, I'm not sure I would survive the schooling. I love writing, but not usually for class. Frankly, I have trouble doing any work for class. It's really only on special projects like writing a short story or poem or giving a presentation when I actually put effort in. 
     I want to be a writer. I mean solely a writer, but I'm fairly possible that's not possible for me. Not only would I have to be extremely talented to live off of that, but I'd also have to be extremely lucky to find someone who would want to publish my works. Essentially, I'm really just getting more and more nervous about the future and what I'll be doing with my life as time goes on. 
     Maybe that's normal though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment